Monday, June 05, 2006

New Beginnings

I simply couldn't get enough of my first blog, so I opted to start a second!

Actually, once I got to thinking (always a dangerous venture!), I realized that a blog dedicated to the progress of specific paintings would be helpful. Useful to me, so that I can return later and see how I solved certain problems, and useful to any potential clients/artists, so that they can get an understanding of the evolution of a piece.

As of today, works in process are still published on my website. The wet paint page on my site will only contain current paintings on the easel. This blog will hold a small history of paintings and their evolution.

I will create a posting, or new thread, for each pet portrait. I will chronicle my thoughts and ideas throughout the portrait's process, and supplement that with photos of the painting, the reference materials, or any additional research or sketching that goes on.

I know I'll learn from this. It's a fringe benefit if you also enjoy reading them. As always, thanks for your time.

Kimberly Kelly Santini
www.turtledovedesigns.com
distinctive pet portraits
& 4-legged paintings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home